Memorial Day Weekend

This past weekend Joel had a four day weekend, which was AMAZING! It's always fun to have him around for longer than his typical two days off. It felt like a mini vacation, but it's always sad when the last day rolls around.


We enjoyed lot's of time staying up late, listening to R.C. Sproul, eating, and talking. Then Saturday rolled around and we decided to finally take Sophia to the Georgia Aquarium, which boasts to be the largest aquarium in the world. Joel liked it, but the Chicagoan in him still loves the Shedd Aquarium more.

I was skeptical of how much attention Sophia would pay.  
Well, let's just say that I wasn't prepared to have my mind blown. 





She had such a great time! She giggled, stared, banged on the glass, and waved at the fish. She skipped her nap and enjoyed the view. I thought she would give us a hard time but it was easy peasy! I was having such a great time but the "deployment cloud" hung high over my head. I know it's still a season away but I can't help and think of it. I got a little teary eyed as we watched the uber cheesy dolphin show. I was thinking of how much fun we were having and how soon he will be gone. Then I had to snap myself out of it and appreciate the joy we were experiencing now!!!

Now, I will just enjoy my husband until tomorrow morning where the routine starts all over again!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up