life as an "army wife"

I've been thinking about what this means. I don't like to call myself an "army wife", like I belong to some sort of elite part of society, or a special club. There aren't any other women going around calling themselves "doctors wives or policemen wives". I just feel a little weird about the label, this is his career not mine. I know we have a special set of circumstances, but I don't like to pride myself on those, or anything really.

We have endured some hardship, and it will get harder as he gets ready to leave. Being married to someone in the military has it's perks and it's downsides, but it all depends on how thankful you are for life daily. I like to look at the bright side. I thank God that we have been able to move across the U.S. without it costing us anything. We have lived in Chicago, Texas, Washington, and Georgia in three short years. Those experiences I will cherish and take with me forever. I was able to witness a beautiful sunrise over Mt. Rainier which is something that I suspect, had I not been married to Joel, would have never happened. 

I met some of the most loving and selfless people, people that I love with every bit of my heart. I received some of the wisest advice from wives and mothers that will stick with me as I raise my own children. I learned how different a culture can be across the nation (yes, I'm talking about you my PNW's).

I am a wife, a mother, but most importantly I am defined by Christ. Everything else is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I hope to raise my children (if God gives me more) in the fear of the Lord. I hope to establish my home, whether it's in the cloudiness of Seattle or the dry heat of Texas, with love towards my Husband and the Hope that Christ will soon return for His bride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up